A message from the District of Muskoka
The District of Muskoka recognizes that residents are experiencing missed curbside collection on routes throughout Muskoka.
Waste Connections of Canada, the District’s curbside collection contractor for garbage, recycling, and organics, is experiencing staffing and driver challenges which have been compounded by recent heatwave temperatures. The District of Muskoka is working closely with Waste Connections of Canada to address the gap in service delivery but has been advised that this may be ongoing throughout the summer.
There are no changes to your regular pick-up day.
If you think your street was missed on your regular collection day, please check muskokarecycles.ca for information on service delays. If missed, set material back out the next morning, as crews will plan to return. If still missed, double the limit will be extended on your next scheduled collection day. Residents are also encouraged to contact the Waste Connections of Canada Customer Service department at 705-645-4453 or email@example.com.
Weekly garbage limits can be delivered to any waste facility at no charge, many are open late on Sundays. A full list of licensed waste facilities is available at muskokarecycles.ca
Residents are reminded to:
- set material out on your regular collection day no later than 8 a.m.
- leave material out until 7 p.m.
- visit muskokarecycles.ca for information on service delays
- subscribe to the “Muskoka Recycles” mobile app in the App Store or Google Play
If material has not been collected by 7 p.m., residents are asked to:
- bring in / secure material overnight and set material out the next morning; crews will attempt to return the following day
- if still missed, contact Waste Connections of Canada via firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-645-4453 – crews will collect double the limit on the next regularly scheduled collection day
- submit a service alert on the “Muskoka Recycles” mobile app
Download the District of Muskoka’s “Muskoka Recycles” mobile app to get customized waste management information including service alerts, collection reminders, waste facility information, and sorting information. Search for “Muskoka Recycles” in the App Store or Google Play and enable notifications to receive updates.
The District of Muskoka’s waste management department thanks residents for their patience and understanding as they work through these challenges with Waste Connections of Canada.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!