UPDATE: The Huntsville Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has arrested and charged a driver after investigating a single motor vehicle collision that occurred in the town of Huntsville.
On August 03, 2022 at 12:07 a.m. members of the Huntsville Detachment responded to a single motor vehicle collision on highway 60 at its intersection with Szawloski Drive. The motor vehicle collided with a traffic light post causing damage to the traffic lights.
Following the police investigation into the circumstance of the collision, the following person has been charged:
Tyler GODIN-BLAKE (28), of Huntsville, Ontario
– Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired contrary to section 320.14 (1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
– Failure to comply with demand contrary to section 320.15(1)of the Criminal Code of Canada.
– Novice driver with a blood alcohol concentration above zero contrary to section 44.1(3) of the Highway Traffic Act.
– Careless driving contrary to section 130 (1) of the Highway Traffic Act.
– Drive motor vehicle with liquor readily available contrary to section 42 (1)(b) of the Liquor Licence Act.
– Drive motor vehicle with handled communication device contrary to section 78.1(1) of the Highway Traffic Act.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear on September 27, 2022 in the Ontario Court of Justice Muskoka.
The Ontario Provincial Police is committed to public safety, delivering proactive and innovative policing in partnership with our communities.
#Huntsville male strikes light post and causes damage to traffic lights at Hwy 60 and Szawlowski Drive. Male arrested for impaired driving.
Later charged with numerous criminal and traffic offences, according to Huntsville OPP on Twitter at approx. 4 a.m. on August 3, 2022.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!