A message from the Town of Huntsville
At a press conference held October 2, the Ontario Government announced changes to COVID-19 testing measures that affect the operations of assessment centres in Ontario.
The Huntsville COVID-19 Assessment Centre, located at the Active Living Centre, 20 Park Drive, will now be testing individuals by appointment only.
If you require testing on Monday, October 5:
The Huntsville COVID-19 Assessment Centre will be screening individuals on-site and booking their associated testing appointment that day. To get the latest information about if and where you should be tested visit www.ontario.ca/covidtest for testing criteria. Please have your health card available and be ready to answer the COVID-19 screening questions.
As of Wednesday, October 7:
The Huntsville COVID-19 Assessment Centre, will only book same-day appointments, in person at the Active Living Centre, 20 Park Drive, Huntsville ON.
On October 2, the Ontario Government announced changes to COVID-19 testing measures that affect the operations of assessment centres in Ontario. Some assessment centres will be transitioning to a call centre model however, the Huntsville Covid-19 Assessment Centre will be booking convenient, same-day appointments in person at the Active Living Centre. If you qualify for testing as outlined at ontario.ca/covidtest, please come to the Assessment Centre in person to book an appointment.
Please do the following prior to your arrival:
1. Residents are asked to pre-screen themselves or loved ones prior to attending:
- Adults must ensure they meet the criteria listed at ontario.ca/covidtest
- Children must complete the screening questions at ontario.ca/schoolscreening to ensure they meet the criteria for a test.
- Residents who do not meet the criteria outlined by the Ministry of Health, will be turned away.
2. To book an appointment come in person to the Active Living Centre. There is currently no phone number or online booking process. Please bring a mask, have your health card available, and the name of your physician or nurse practitioner.
3. Follow directional signage when you arrive at the Active Living Centre, and our volunteers will review the screening guidelines and arrange your convenient, same day appointment if appropriate.
Huntsville Covid-19 Assessment Centre will continue to operate Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:30am until 4:00pm with a short break from 12:30-1pm.
Residents that require appointments outside of the Huntsville COVID-19 Assessment Centre hours are encouraged to visit ontario.ca/covidtest for a list of other Muskoka assessment centres and testing location options.
UPDATED Oct 8, 2020: This post was updated to include further details about booking appointments at the Huntsville assessment centre.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!