Submitted by the Town of Huntsville
Huntsville performers! Could you use $500 for work you HAVE ALREADY DONE? The Town of Huntsville is glad to announce applications for “The Bill” annual award are now open!
The Bill award honours entertainment visionary and hospitality ambassador Maurice Willard “Bill” Waterhouse, 1935-2015, long-time owner and operator of Deerhurst Resort. Bill was an avid supporter of live entertainment and local talent.
The 2018 Bill Award is by nomination. Self nomination is encouraged. A local jury will review the nominations and award the title, a trophy and $500 to a local performing artist in 2019. This is the third annual “The Bill” award. The inaugural winner was Jamie Bestwick, followed by Briar Summers. Huntsville enjoys a rich history of talented musicians and performing artists. Could you be next?
Full contest rules and simple application are posted on www.huntsville.ca/TheBillAward. The contest closes on May 31, 2019 at midnight.
- Nominations for The Bill 2018 Award will be accepted electronically to midnight on May 31, 2019.
- Nominations for excellence in work in any genre of performing arts: music, vocal, acting, dance will be accepted.
- Nominations are open to any age group.
- Nominations are for Individual Artists (members of groups may use group work to quality as individuals).
- Open to artists with an address within the municipal boundary of the Town of Huntsville, Ontario.
- Students enrolled in higher education may use home Huntsville address to qualify. Proof of school registration will be required.
- Self-nomination is preferred. If nomination is for someone other than yourself, please make sure the person you are nominating is aware, as only one submission per individual per year will be accepted.
- If nominee is under the age of 18, parental permission must be provided.
- Unsuccessful nominees are welcome to submit for consideration in future years, annually as the nomination forms become available.
- If you require any assistance with this process, please contact Teri Souter, Manager of Arts, Culture & Heritage (as noted in Request for Accommodation section) no later than April 30, 2019.
- All nominations must include example(s) of current 2018 work for the judges to review. An email receipt will be generated to the email address you provide. The Town does not accept any responsibility for unreceived submissions or incorrect information provided.
- Nomination forms and the materials submitted become the property of the Town of Huntsville. Information received may be made public in media releases, media coverage, televised meetings, etc.
- It is the duty of the nomination submitter to ensure that they are aware and understand these rules.
Previous applicants are encouraged to re-apply. Good luck to all and thank you for adding your creative talents to our town!
Don’t miss out on Doppler! Sign up for our free newsletter here.