A message from the District of Muskoka
Waste collection crews are doing their best in temperatures exceeding 30 degrees, say staff. If you think your waste collection was missed, please set it back out before 8 a.m. the next morning.
The District of Muskoka’s waste management team, in partnership with Waste Connections of Canada, continue to work under severe weather conditions. The District is asking for the community’s patience as they ensure the health and well-being of waste collection staff while maintaining service. Due to extreme heat and increased volumes, collection delays may occur and residents are asked to keep materials at the curb until 7 p.m.
Curbside collection schedules remain the same this summer. During heatwaves and other extreme weather events, every effort is made to collect materials as normal.
If you think you were missed:
- Leave your material out until 7 p.m. as routes may be delayed.
- If still at the curb past 7 p.m., bring in/secure for the night to avoid animal encounters.
- Visit the District’s waste management website at muskokarecycles.ca for updates.
- Set out material before 8 a.m. on the next weekday—crews will return.
- Submit a service request via the District’s “Muskoka Recycles” mobile app.
Residents are strongly encouraged to use the District of Muskoka’s “Muskoka Recycles” Mobile App to keep updated. The app sends up-to-date information on waste collection tailored to specific addresses and service requests can be submitted to the waste management team. Search for “Muskoka Recycles” in the App Store or Google Play and enable notifications to receive updates.
For more information on waste management in Muskoka, visit www.muskokarecycles.ca.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!