On Saturday March 23rd, 2019 members of the Huntsville Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a traffic stop on Muskoka Road 3 North, in the Town of Huntsville. An investigation lead to several charges.
Dwayne GAGNON (39) of Huntsville has been charged with the following offences:
- Operating a Motor Vehicle while Prohibited, Section 320.1 of the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon, Section 91(2) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime under $5000, Section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance, Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
- Trafficking in a Schedule 1 Substance, Section 5(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
- Fail to Stop for Police, Section 216 of the Highway Traffic Act.
GAGNON is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice located at 36 Chaffey Street in Huntsville on Wednesday April 17, 2019 to answer to the charges.
Police are asking anyone with information to contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). You can submit your information online at www.p3tips.com or if you have any information on this crime or any other crime. Crime Stoppers does not subscribe to call display and you will remain anonymous. Being anonymous, you will not testify in court and your information may lead to a cash reward of up to $2,000.00. You can follow Crime Stoppers of Simcoe Dufferin Muskoka on Twitter or Facebook.
Don’t miss out on Doppler! Sign up for our free newsletter here.