The annual Terry Fox Run will be held in communities across the country on September 15, 2019. One young runner, Lucas Graham, participates in the Windermere run and wrote this letter to encourage others to get involved. The Windermere Terry Fox Run starts at Windermere Village Hall at 9:00 a.m. The Huntsville run begins at Huntsville High School, also at 9:00 a.m. Register for the run in your community at terryfox.org/run.
Hi my name is Lucas Graham, I am 10 years old and this is my review of the Terry Fox Run in Windermere. Enjoy.
I have participated since 2013, when I was four years old in Junior Kindergarten, so six years now.
Some of the many things I love are:
- I love to run the 10K, it is great exercise and the scenery is so beautiful
- I love to play games like the magnet fish game
- I try and help out by riding in the golf cart with the Lions to pick up the signs after the run. We also give rides to people who need help along the route
- I like watching the live music concerts that they have while eating the delicious hot dogs
- I like to see the auction items and bid on the things I like with my mom
- I like getting my face painted too!
My favourite part of the Terry Fox Run is honestly seeing and helping all my friends and family who also volunteer like my mom and Jen, Randy, Nora, Owen, Brenda, Bev, Terry, the Lions and so many more!
The Terry Fox Run is special because it is wonderful seeing all the community coming out to support and help raise money for cancer research.
This year is very special because it is not only the 20th anniversary of the run in Windermere but I finally get to officially volunteer this year and I am so excited to do it!
The advice I would give to someone thinking of participating in the Terry Fox Run is go on and do it, it is super fun and I will be there!
You can run, bike, scoot, walk and bring your dog, too!
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!