Work crews will begin preparing for Stage 1 of Main Street construction in Huntsville this week.
During the week of March 1, Dufferin Construction will install signage, set up construction fencing, and prepare for construction equipment onsite. There are no road closures planned as crews prepare the work zones this week. Parking areas within the construction zone will start to be sectioned off to accommodate this work. When the work zones are secure, Stage 1 road closures will be announced.
The project will consist of five construction stages, with the first four spanning an estimated eight months this year. A final stage will wrap up construction activities in the spring of 2022.
Stage 1 – Road Closures
- Active construction will take place on Main Street from the Muskoka River Swing Bridge to Brunel Road
- Active construction will take place on the Muskoka River Swing Bridge
- Active construction will take place on River Street from High Street to Main Street
- Main Street from Brunel Road to West Street will be used for the storage of construction material purposes only, and will be closed to traffic
Stage 1 – Detour Routes
- Westbound and eastbound traffic will detour north of the construction area – Chaffey Street and West Road and Centre Street
- Traffic travelling north or south will be directed between Brunel Road and Centre Street, along Veterans Way
During construction downtown, all businesses will remain open. Pedestrian and business access will be maintained throughout all project stages. Details on Stage 1 road closures will be released soon.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!