Hospice Huntsville unveils new In Memoriam donor wall at Algonquin Grace

1

 

Hospice Huntsville appreciates every one of the donors who help the organization provide excellent end-of-life care in our community.

Hospice recognizes those donors in a variety of ways, and today unveiled a new one.

As people enter the Algonquin Grace reception area, they will be greeted by a serene floor-to-ceiling photograph of a Muskoka chair overlooking a sun-dappled lake at sunrise. Hanging above the image of the chair is a plaque honouring the people who had significant memorial donations made in their name in the first quarter of this year. The names will remain on the plaque for a year and with each new quarter more will be added.

Hospice Huntsville board president Gord Schakelaar thanked all of the families present whose family members were honoured on the sign, as well as photographer Jenny Kirkpatrick for the beautiful photo, and an anonymous donor who covered the cost of materials and installation.

“We are grateful to have this opportunity to begin a memory wall representing loved ones that we have shared the journey with as they have spent time here at Algonquin Grace and we thank you for that,” said Schakelaar. “We are thankful for the LHIN’s contribution to our operating budget but we have to raise 60 per cent to keep excellent quality end-of-life care happening here in our community and this is part of it and we thank you all for your generosity.”

In Memoriam wall at Algonquin GraceThe plaque reads:

Hospice Huntsville is grateful to have received major gifts from family and friends in tribute to their loved ones.

In Loving Memory of:

Dr. Jim Bell
Janice Lee Cotterchio
Chris Hundley
Jean McDonald
Anne Sherry
Wayne Trinier

The organization, which provides end-of-life care at Algonquin Grace hospice, runs a visiting volunteer program, and provides grief and bereavement support, must raise 60 per cent of its annual operating costs. The other 40 per cent comes from the North Simcoe Muskoka Local Health Integration Unit (NSM LHIN).

Hospice raises funds year-round through a variety of events including the Purple Tea Party, Hike for Hospice and Swim for Hospice, as well as donations made in memoriam, via the 500 Club—in which members commit to donating $500 per year—and planned giving. The next fundraising event is the Rock and Roll Black Tie Affair, a concert with cocktails and a silent auction, on October 20 at the Algonquin Theatre. Tickets are available at the theatre box office or online. Get more information about the event here.

Learn more about Hospice Huntsville and its programs at hospicehuntsville.com.

Don’t miss out on Doppler! Sign up for our free newsletter here.

print

1 Comment

  1. William & Wanda Roberts on

    What a beautifully thought out and creative tribute . Without a doubt, our dear friend, Dr. Jim Bell would have approved. Thank you for this.

Leave a reply below. Comments without both first & last name will not be published. Your email address is required for validation but will not be publicly visible.