Municipal Council or School Board Trustee potential candidates interested in running in the 2018 Municipal Election are invited to attend a free Candidate Information Session hosted in partnership with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs (MMA).
The free session will provide attendees with information on:
- Roles and responsibilities of Elected Officials, Staff and Third Party Advertisers
- Eligibility rules
- Nomination process
- Campaign finances
- Compliance audit
- Voters’ list and voting proxy
DATE: Thursday, April 5, 2018
TIME: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Council Chamber – District Municipality of Muskoka, 70 Pine Street, Bracebridge, Ontario P1L 1N3
For further information, please contact:
Your local area Municipal Clerk:
- Town of Bracebridge – Lori McDonald, Director of Corporate Services/Clerk – 705-645-6319 x 243
- Township of Georgian Bay – Jessica Gunby, Clerk – 705-538-2337 x 242
- Town of Gravenhurst – Kayla Thibeault, Director of Legislative Services/Clerk – 705-687-2230 x 237
- Town of Huntsville – Tanya Calleja, Clerk – 705-789-1751 x 2255
- Township of Lake of Bays – Carrie Sykes, Director of Corporate Services, Clerk – 705-635-2272 x 236
- Township of Muskoka Lakes – Cheryl Mortimer, Clerk – 705-765-3156 x 211
- District of Muskoka – Debbie Crowder, District Clerk – 705-645-2100 ext. 239
Don’t miss out on Doppler! Sign up for our free newsletter here.