Due to weather conditions, the District has postponed Leaf and Yard Waste collection until May, to accommodate yard clean-ups.
Leaf and Yard Waste curbside collection will be provided to urban area residential households located within the Green Bin service area on:
- Saturday, May 5
- Saturday, May 12
Residents are asked to follow the below guidelines to ensure collection:
- Use only paper bags or use open-top containers (ie. a garbage can) that can be dumped;
- NO plastic or compostable bags;
- Set at the curb no later than 8:00am to ensure collection;
- Any bundled twigs must be tied together and must not exceed 2 inches in diameter;
- The bundle must be no longer than 3 feet, and no wider than 2 feet – so the bundle will fit into the designated slot in the truck;
- Please ensure each bag or container does not exceed 44lbs, ensuring safe lifting.
If you don’t have time to rake before collection day, residential Leaf and Yard Waste can be delivered during operating hours to any Transfer Station at no charge. More information can be found at www.muskokarecycles.ca
Don’t miss out on Doppler! Sign up for our free newsletter here.