The Lakelands Association of Realtors, through the Ontario Realtors Care Foundation, will be donating $19,000 to shelter-related charities across Parry Sound, Muskoka, Haliburton, and Orillia this fall, the organization announced this week.
The foundation defines shelter as “a refuge, haven or protection that provides or improves quality of life from hunger, the elements, physical/psychological abuse, disabilities and illness.” The Lakelands association is looking for charities to apply for funding if they fall into one of those categories.
Association members make monthly donations to the ORCF, funds that are then divided across the regions they serve.
Last year’s grant recipients from the Lakelands Association were:
- The Burk’s Fall District Food Bank ($3,000)
- The Alzheimer Society ($3,000) and Cottage Dreams in Haliburton ($1,500), which supports families touched by cancer
- The Child Advocacy Centre of Simcoe/Muskoka ($1,500)
- Couchiching Jubilee House ($1,500)
- West Muskoka Food Bank ($3,000)
- Esprit Place Family Resource Centre ($3,000)
- Baysville Winter Pantry ($1,500)
- Muskoka Women’s Advocacy Group ($1,500)
To learn more about applying for a grant, visit realtorscareontario.ca/grants. The association is accepting grant applications until Tuesday September 3, 2019.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!