Note: Effective Tuesday, March 24 at 11:59 p.m., the Province of Ontario has ordered the mandatory closure of all non-essential workplaces. On April 5, Premier Ford announced further restrictions on business activity.
Wondering which local businesses still have open storefronts, or are offering goods and services online? Want to continue to support small businesses to help them out in this time of uncertainty? See below for a list of open businesses, along with details on local grocery stores and pharmacies.
This is not a comprehensive list and we will continue to add others or update listings as we become aware of them. This post was last updated on April 9, 2020.
Where possible we have noted hours and details, but please confirm before you visit.
If you’re aware of others not mentioned here, or changes to what’s listed, please comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For ongoing updates about the virus in the Huntsville area, check here regularly: How COVID-19 is impacting the Huntsville area: cases, cancellations, news, and commentary.
Groceries and pharmacies:
- Big Daddy’s Fresh Meats is open. Call 705-788-0956, email email@example.com or send a Facebook message. Knock on their window and they will deliver to your vehicle.
- Bullock’s Independent is open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and effective March 18 began opening an hour early, from 7-8 a.m., for seniors and those with compromised immune systems. For the timebeing, they will not be accepting reusable bags and will not charge for plastic bags. The pharmacy is open.
- Dwight Market Pharmacy – Mon-Sat hours have not changed. Will be closed Sundays starting April 12. Grocery orders can be e-mailed in advance for pick-up to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a contact phone number so they can arrange payment.
- Farmer’s Daughter Market is open Thursday-Monday 9-3 and has ready-made meals, bakery items and grocery supplies. Visit the store, call (705) 789-5700 or email email@example.com (accepting requests for private in-store shopping visits).
- FreshCo is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m..
- Huntsville’s Hometown IDA Pharmacy is open Mon to Fri 9:30 – 5:30, Sat 9 – 4, Sun 12 – 3. They offer free delivery and just ask for payment over the phone by credit card and your package will be left at your door.
- Huntsville Place Mall Pharmacy is open.
- Kawartha Dairy drive-thru and walk-up window are open Monday-Saturday 10-6, Sunday 11-7. Payment via debit or credit card is requested so staff can avoid handling cash. Quantity limits are in place for milk and egg products. No ice cream scooping is available, but containers of ice cream can be purchased.
- M&M Food Market is open Mon-Sat 9-6 and Sun 11-6.
- Metro is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., with an hour of early shopping from 7-8 a.m. for seniors and the immunocompromised.
- MHO Adventures is offering MRE (Meals Ready to Eat), with no delivery charge and no minimum order while COVID-19 measures are in effect.
- Muskoka Medical Centre Pharmacy is open Monday-Friday 8:30-6 and Saturday 9-5. They ask that you call ahead when getting prescriptions and they will deliver to you in the parking lot. If you need to enter the pharmacy there will be a line on the carpet two metres back from staff and they ask kindly that you don’t cross.
- Muskoka North Good Food Co-op is open Mon-Fri 9-4 and Saturday 10-4. Curb-side pick-up or, in special circumstances, delivery is available. Subscribe to the grocery order form at www.muskokanorthfood.com. Call 705-789-0020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions and place orders.
- Muskoka Seniors Frozen Meals on Wheels service is available starting April 6. There will be a staff member in their office on Mondays and Tuesdays only to support this program. Call the office at 705-789-6676 to register or for more details.
- Pharmsave Huntsville – call (705) 789-7300 and ask for Customer Service and they will take your order over the phone and pack up what you need. You can pay by credit card over the phone. They can then arrange a time for you to pick up your order in the parking lot. Allow 48 hours for prescriptions. No lottery service available.
- Shoppers Drug Mart is open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. The first hour of shopping is reserved for seniors and immunocompromised people.
- The Great Vine is open Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat from 9-3 (9-10 a.m. is for seniors and immunocompromised individuals). They encourage calling to arrange pickup or delivery. Only one customer allowed in the store at a time. They will personal shop for you. Credit or debit only.
- Webster’s Beacon (Dwight) is open daily from 9-1. Curbside pick up available.
Most are operating with reduced hours and some may close branches temporarily. Banking online and via ATMs is still available. In Huntsville, BMO is open Mon-Fri 10-3; CIBC is open Mon-Fri from 10-4; Kawartha Credit Union is open Mon-Sat from 10-3; Scotiabank is open Mon-Fri 9:30-3 and Saturday from 10-3; TD Canada Trust is open Mon-Sat from 11-4.
- Canadian Tire Huntsville in-store shopping is closed but free curbside pick up or deliver-to-home (fee applies) options are available. The auto service centre remains open.
- Dean’s Home Hardware (Port Sydney) is offering curbside pick-up. Call 705-385-3475.
- Dwight Lumber and Building Supplies is offering curbside pickup Monday-Friday 7-5 and Saturday 7:30-5. Call 705-635-1936 to place your order.
- Gus & Gigi’s Pet Shoppe has moved to a temporary location at 131 Parkway Plaza (on Hwy 60 across from Farmer’s Daughter) for curbside pick-up. Hours are Monday, Thursday, Friday from 10- 5:30￼; Saturday 9-1. Order via email, Facebook messenger, or call 519-616-3648.
- Home Depot is offering curbside pickup. M-F 7-6, Sat and Sun 8-6.
- Huntsville Home Hardware is offering Click and Collect service. Order online at homehardware.ca. You’ll receive an email when your order is ready with a phone number to arrange for curbside pickup. Delivery also available.
- Kelly’s Home Furniture – online ordering is available.
- Lake of Bays Garden Centre is offering curbside pick up or delivery only for items like seeds, bagged and bulk soil, and bagged and bulk mulch. Email email@example.com, call 705-635-1696 or text 705-787-6877 for ordering.
- Muskoka Bicycle Pro Shop is open Monday-Friday 11-5 and Saturday 11-4.
- Pet Valu Huntsville – Call 705-789-0031 to place an order and arrange for curbside pickup. Note change in hours for the week of April 6: Mon 10-5:30, Tues 12-5:30, Wed and Thurs 10-5:30, closed Friday, Sat 9-5. Temporary hours during COVID-19: Mon, Tues 10-5:30; Wed 12-5:30; Thurs, Fri 10-5:30; Sat 9-5; closed Sundays.
- Rolston Home Building Centre curbside pick up M-F 8-3.
- Sandhill Nursery is offering curbside pick-up and delivery. Order online or call 705-789-5319.
- Sustain Eco Store is open Wednesday-Friday 10-5 and Saturday 9-4, and offering online ordering with touch-free pick-up.
- Up North Games is offering daily curbside pick-up from 10-5.
Retail stores offering online products or services only:
- Algonquin Outfitters: All stores are closed. For more information on rental and outfitting services for future trips to Algonquin Park, contact the Oxtongue Lake location at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-469-4948 (1-705-635-2243).
- Refined Kitchen and Bath showroom is closed but they are available by appointment and still accessible by email or by phone.
- Soapstones Natural Skincare: Online ordering available.
- The Brick Huntsville showroom is closed. You can send a message on Facebook if you need appliances.
- The Record Shoppe has online sales available.
Restaurants, cafés and fast food:
- Algonquin Café and Deli is open for takeout
- Belly Ice Cream will be offering curbside pick-up starting April 9 on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays from 12-4. Check their Facebook page for the flavours available that day and text or email your order to 705-571-5258 or
- Boston Pizza is offering takeout and delivery from 4-8 p.m. Alcohol also available with some conditions.
- Canvas Brewing Co.‘s taphouse and event space are closed. Retail store remains open Tues-Sat from 12-5. Debit and credit only.
- Chuck’s Roadhouse is offering both curbside pick-up and free delivery. Call 705-789-7100 to place an order. Open Sunday to Thursday 4-8 and Friday and Saturday 12-8.
- Erika’s Bakery (Dwight) is open Monday-Friday from 6-3. Takeout only, delivery to their porch, or delivery available.
- Huntsville Brewhouse is open for takeout only from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday to Monday. The full menu is available right now, but that will soon change to a smaller menu until regular hours return. Canned beer and merchandise is also available. There will be no growlers/howlers for sale, and no tastings or tours.
- Little Caesar’s remains open for takeout with new hours: Saturday-Thursday from 11-8 and Friday from 11-9.
- Marigold Unique Flavour is offering curbside pickup and delivery. Some alcohol available.
- Mottbora Sushi is open for takeout. Tuesday to Saturday 12-7:30.
- Pita Pit is open for takeout and delivery.
- Pizza Nova is open for takeout and delivery.
- Seng’s Authentic Thai Cuisine is open for takeout and delivery.
- Soul Sistas is open from 10-2 for takeout only.
- Subway is open for takeout only Monday-Friday 9-9, Saturday 10-9, Sunday 11-8.
- Swiss Chalet and Harvey’s are open from 11:30-7, drive thru, delivery and pick up.
- That Little Place By The Lights – Online ordering for delivery only is now available. See their Facebook page for details.
- Tim Hortons locations are open regular hours, drive-thru and takeout only
- Westside Fish and Chips is open for takeout only from 12-7. OPEN Good Friday but CLOSED Easter Sunday.
- Whimsical Bakery will accept advance orders by phone, email, or on their website. They will arrange pick up or delivery within the town of Huntsville.
- Windmill Bakery and Pastry Shop is open regular hours, and is also taking orders.
Other goods and services:
- Aben Graphics – (effective March 23, 2020) is open Monday-Friday 9-5. In-person customer ordering is suspended. In-person customer pick up is still available from 1-5. Call 705-789-4404 to make arrangements. Cash sales are being suspended, payments can be made by calling in credit card information, e-transfer or cheque for all COD pick ups. Client drop-off for new orders will be accepted at the rear of the building during business hours; leave detailed instructions of work to be performed or call 705-789-4404 or email email@example.com.
- Aben Team Muskoka Real Estate – effective March 18, they have implemented COVID-19 precautions for buyers and sellers. See them here.
- Ahimsa Yoga Room – Allie Chisholm-Smith is providing a Facebook Live session daily at 10 a.m. on her Facebook page. A variety of classes by Allie and Wendy are also available online here.
- Armstrong Dodge, Huntsville Honda, and Hyundai of Muskoka are open.
- Autosave Collision is open Monday to Friday 8-5. Accepting tow-ins. Emergency number always available 705-787-0680.
- Average Jill Painting is open.
- Bickley Ford is open.
- Brendish Computers is open Monday to Friday, 9-5:30 for personal computer or service. No iPad or iPhone service at this time.
- Brokerlink is not accepting walk-ins but remain available by phone or email.
- Canadian Tire gas bar is open.
- Capstones Market and Petro-Canada gas bar locations are open regular hours.
- Carrie Campbell, lawyer and mediator – office is open but please call ahead.
- Coldwell Banker Thompson Real Estate – office is closed to the public, but will be available via email and phone.
- Computer Tech CD will be closed to the public effective March 24 but will continue to provide remote and phone support. On-site calls are not possible at this time.
- Dentists: Based on a recommendation from the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, most offices are offering only emergency services. Check with your dentist’s office for details.
- Devonleigh Homes – model homes and decor centre are temporarily closed to the public. Appointments available upon request only. Phone and email support available.
- Dreams Becoming Reality Marketing continues to provide services from their home office as usual.
- FC Hammond Well Drilling is booking for the 2020 well drilling season. Call 705-789-4361.
- Flooring and Tile Solutions Muskoka – showroom is closed, but staff are available Monday-Friday 9-3 by phone or online. All pick-ups appointment only.
- Funeral homes: both Billingsley Funeral Home and Mitchell Funeral Home continue to provide service to the community with COVID-19 procedures in place.
- Granny Lyn’s Kitchen is open for orders Monday-Friday from 10-5 and Saturday 10-4, both via phone and online. Gluten-free baked goods available. Free delivery within the Huntsville area, or pick-up at the front door.
- Greystone Construction – office and design centre showroom will be closed to the public until further notice. The company remains open for business and is available to communicate with clients and trades by phone or online.
- HM Day Spa Muskoka products and gift certificates available online.
- Karma Connection Yoga will be creating gentle Hatha Yoga vignettes for people to do at home. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order the link.
- Midas is open March 20 8-5, and beginning March 23, Monday-Friday from 9-4.
- SMILE-Sandy’s Mindful Interactive Life Experiences is continuing to offer mindfulness and meditation classes online. Visit SMILE Facebook page for details.
- Veda Yoga is posting video yoga classes to their Facebook until the end of March.
- Huntsville Animal Hospital has adjusted its hours (call ahead to see if they are open) and will be closed on Saturdays until further notice. Doors are locked. Non-essential services are being limited or delayed. Allow 1-2 weeks notice for food and medications as our supply chains have been interrupted by mass-purchasing.
- Muskoka Animal Hospital is operating “closed door” for urgent or sick pet cases only. Pet owners are asked to stay in their vehicle and call 705.789.7979 on arrival. They will take a history from outside your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. They will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss the recommended treatment plan. Hours: Monday-Friday from 8-5, and on-call for clients outside of business hours. Allow 3-5 business days for medication or food orders. Payment by credit or debit only; no cash.
- Warren Broad Counselling and Hypnosis is offering virtual and phone counselling services.
- YMCA Employment and Learning Services are continuing to offer assistance online, by phone and email. You can continue to get help with your job search, get answers to questions about Employment Insurance, and view job postings on YMCA windows from supporting employers. Watch for updates on their Facebook page. This Employment Ontario Program is funded in part by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada.
- Your Local HVAC Team is open.
Also check the Facebook group Huntsville and Muskoka Area – What’s Open!
How you can support businesses that have closed their doors temporarily
If it’s within your means, consider purchasing a gift certificate or voucher for later use. This helps businesses maintain cash flow at what is already a quiet time of year.
Look to see if a local business has options other than in-person shopping. Some have online stores with shipping or pick-up options.
Some businesses are finding creative ways to deliver services online, via video, or by phone and email. If you’re not sure, ask.
Ask your favourite local businesses what else you can do to help.
Whether or not you’re able to purchase goods and services, kind words go a long way toward lifting spirits. They’re free and they’re easy to share.
How you can support workers who are unable to work due to business closures and restrictions, or due to illness
Support Huntsville’s food banks at Salvation Army Huntsville and The Table Soup Kitchen Foundation. They are likely to see an increase in demand as workers see their incomes drop or disappear.
Don’t hoard food or other supplies. When you shop, take only what you will need for the short-term. Those on limited incomes and those who suddenly find themselves out of work may not have the luxury of stocking up and rely on food and other supplies being on the shelves when they can shop.
Check in on your neighbours and friends. Share what you have if it’s within your means to do so.
Remind them of the Government of Canada’s recently announced support measures.
And a thank you
We at Huntsville Doppler thank all of you, our dedicated readers, for your comments, your shares, and your suggestions as we work to cover how the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic affects our community.
We also extend heartfelt thanks to all of our advertisers, without whose continued support we couldn’t do what we do to serve the Huntsville community. Some are still operating somewhat as usual, while others have temporarily closed their doors and/or are providing their services from home. We share them all below.
- Aben Graphics
- Aben Team Muskoka Real Estate
- Algonquin Café and Deli
- Algonquin Outfitters
- Armstrong Dodge
- Barriston Law
- Billingsley Funeral Home
- Bullock’s Independent
- Coldwell Banker Thompson Real Estate Brokerage
- Computer Tech
- Dairy Lane Dental
- Deerhurst Resort
- Devonleigh Homes
- Downtown Huntsville BIA
- Dreams Becoming Reality
- Drive Credit Canada
- Edgewood Muskoka
- Family Place Restaurant & Pizza
- Flooring and Tile Solutions Muskoka
- Greystone Project Management
- Hammond Well Drilling
- Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area
- Huntsville Curling Club
- Huntsville Home Hardware
- The Hunt House Fine Jewellery
- Huntsville Festival of the Arts
- Huntsville Hospital Foundation
- Huntsville Soccer Club
- Hutcheson, Reynolds and Caswell Insurance Brokers
- Kelly’s Home Furniture
- Kevin Knox, realtor, Coldwell Banker Thompson
- Kim O’Grady, broker, Chestnut Park Real Estate
- M&M Food Market
- Main Street Dental Centre
- Mitchell Funeral Home
- Muskoka Hearing Aids
- Muskoka Jewellery Design
- Muskoka Kitchen & Bath
- Muskoka Medical Centre Pharmacy
- Muskoka Seniors
- North Granite Ridge Golf Club
- North Muskoka Foot Clinic
- NyDock Floating Docks and Pontoons
- PharmaSave Huntsville
- Picture Yourself Well
- ProActive Rehab
- Elizabeth O’Connor, RBC Wealth Management
- Reactivate Muskoka
- The Rick Wearing & Sandra Parrott Team, Royal LePage Lakes of Muskoka Realty
- Rolston Home Building Centre
- Scott Conner – BDO
- Signature Memorials
- Splat Pest Solutions
- Sugarbush Hill Maple Farm
- Surge Physiotherapy
- Susan Brown, broker, Chestnut Park Real Estate
- Taylor Carpet One
- That Little Place By The Lights
- The Brick Huntsville
- Town of Huntsville
- Withey Insurance Brokers and Financial Services
- YMCA Employment and Learning Services
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!