This Wednesday and Thursday, May 13-14, the Kiwanis Club of Huntsville Muskoka will hold its inaugural Food Drive With a Difference in support of the Salvation Army Food Bank.
Club members will be on location at Bullock’s Independent and Metro to collect donations at a socially safe distance outside the store from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days.
Items needed include (those in bold are most in demand):
- Dry and canned soup
- Peanut butter and jams
- Canned fish and meats
- Juice boxes
- Canned vegetables and fruits
- Dry rice
- Kraft Dinner
- Pasta and pasta sauces
- Coffee, tea, sugar
- Powdered milk
- Infant formulas
- Infant diapers (sizes 4-6)
- Bath products & toiletries
- Feminine hygiene products
- Paper products i.e. napkins, toilet paper, tissues and paper towels
- Cash donations and grocery store gift cards accepted, too.
Locally, initiatives the Kiwanis club has supported include:
- YWCA Girlz Unplugged (Pine Glen P.S.)
- Shania Kids Can (Irwin Memorial P.S.)
- Circles program
- The Clothes Closet at HHS
- Two HHS scholarship programs
- Kiwanis Sap Run for Kids at the annual Muskoka Maple Festival
- The accessible playground at Huntsville Public School
- One Kids Place
- Huntsville Theatre Company
- Salvation Army food drives, Christmas kettles, and support of families at Christmas
For more information about the club, email firstname.lastname@example.org, check their Facebook page or visit huntsvillekiwanis.ca.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!