Main photo: (back from left) Trish Kruusmagi, Ramona Sullivan, Barb Hawke, Marian Shaw, Janet Markham; (front from left) Natalie Bubela, Reva Frame, and Katherine Craine
The 12th annual Golf Fore the Girls tournament in support of the Huntsville Hospital Foundation was another resounding success.
Clad in clever costumes with puns related to breast health, ladies took to the Lakeside course at Deerhurst Resort for a day of fun in support of the cause. Funds from the tournament are earmarked for breast health and the mammography unit at Huntsville Hospital. More than $300,000 has been raised over the past 12 years.
The organizing committee gathered at the Huntsville Hospital Foundation’s new bunkie adjacent to Huntsville Hospital—which was built thanks to the support of 28 local businesses who donated labour and materials—to present a cheque from this year’s tournament proceeds.
“These ladies are supporting the women of the area,” said Katherine Craine, Executive Director of the Huntsville Hospital Foundation. “It’s so important for the Foundation and our hospital to be able to depend on that kind of donation, because we can plan ahead for equipment needs. We are so grateful for these ladies for their commitment.”
Thirty-two players joined the tournament for the first time this year. “The event is still growing, and it has really refreshed, renewed and rejuvenated the energy of the tournament,” said organizing committee chair, Janet Markham, adding that for the first time ever the tournament will have open registration next year after returning members have registered. “Be on the lookout for registration in the spring for more details.”
Above photos (counter-clockwise from top left):
The 2018 Golf Fore the Girls champions with a score of 55 were (from left) Debby Lindsay, Terri Brown, Judy Lilliman and Chris Thompson. (supplied photo)
Team “Battling for the Breast” (from left) Brywn Perera, Nicola MacKay, Melissa Key and Kristin Adams won best costume for the second year in a row. (Photo: Liz Rice)
Rose Evans was the lucky winner of a Ping putter supplied by Hunt House and inset with a one-carat diamond. Rose says she plans to have the diamond made into a necklace. (Photo: Liz Rice)
See more photos on Huntsville Doppler here.
The organizing committee is grateful to this year’s sponsors for their support:
- Condor sponsor (Title) – Shoppers Drug Mart – Dana Murdy
- Albatross – Frame Construction Ltd.
- Eagle sponsor – Kayley Spalding Real Estate Sales Representative
- Birdie sponsor – On The Docks Pub
- Putting Contest sponsor – Scotiabank
- Cart Sponsor – Jason Armstrong’s Drive Muskoka Dealerships
- Golf Ball sponsor – Team Burke – Royal LePage Lakes of Muskoka Realty
- Golfer Juice and Breakfast pastries sponsor – Spencer’s Tall Trees Restaurant
- Swing for the Bling sponsor – The Hunt House
- Action Shot sponsors – The Shutterbug Gallery in the Woods – Kelly Holinshead & Cavalcade Color Lab Foto Source
- Par Sponsor – Assante Wealth Management – Jenner, Geisler & Associates
- Par Sponsor – Kimberly Clark Inc.
“Many of these have been multiple year supporters and we truly appreciate their continued commitment to our event,” said Markham.
Don’t miss out on Doppler! Sign up for our free newsletter here.