The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department responded to a reported fire on Lake of Bays Lane this morning shortly after 8:00 a.m.
When crews from Station 20 and 30 arrived, they encountered heavy smoke inside the structure. An additional crew from Huntsville was called in for mutual aid. The fire was quickly brought under control.
The cottage was being renovated and was not occupied. A worker had arrived and discovered the fire. The two-storey cottage suffered extensive smoke and heat damage throughout. An electrical appliance is being looked at as the cause of the fire. Damage is estimated at $100,000.
Don’t miss out on Doppler! Sign up for our free newsletter here.