Join in another summer of reading fun and more at the Huntsville Public Library. Visit the Virtual Library (huntsvillelibrary.ca) to find details about programs, special performances, prizes, reading lists, sponsors and more. The fun is for everyone – Tots and Kids categories for the TD Summer Reading Club, Teen Summer Fun and Adult Summer Fun, too! Read and have fun all summer. It is that easy!
Official Launch of the 2018 Summer Reading Club, Huntsville Public Library & Annex, Saturday, June 16th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bring family and friends and join in the fun at the Huntsville Public Library and next door at the Annex. Register for the TD Summer Reading Club and enjoy:
- Zoo to You from 11a.m. to 12 p.m. (get your free tickets an hour beforehand),
- Painted Kids face painting from 10 a.m to 2 p.m.
- Green Screen from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- VR for ages 13+ from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Maker Hour from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Plant a Seed from 1 to 2 p.m., and
- an art activity followed by the movie Ferdinand at 2 p.m.
- Special Guests include Mayor Scott Aitchison and a representative of the TD Bank.
Summer Program Registration Information
Registration for summer programs opens on Monday, June 18. You can register for a variety of amazing programs and events for kids, tweens, teens, and adults. Here is a sneak peak:
- Kids, Tweens & Teens: Family Storytime in the Park, STEAM Activities, Maker Hour for Kids, Maker Hour for Tweens, Minecraft, LEGO Builders, Virtual Reality with Play Station 4 VR (for ages 13+), and drop in Chess Club for Tweens & Teens
- Adults: Local History Walking Tour, Secret Garden, Crafternoons, Cook Book Club, and Virtual Reality with Play Station 4 VR
- Everyone: The Friends of the Library special events in partnership with the Huntsville Legion. $3 tickets are now available at the Library or at the door on performance day: Team T&J Family Music Entertainment, The Canadian Raptor Conservancy, Comic Juggler Craig Douglas, and Scales Nature Park.
For more programs and registration information, visit huntsvillelibrary.ca/programs or call 705-789-5232.
Don’t miss out on Doppler! Sign up for our free newsletter here.