NOTE Effective June 18, 2020: With many businesses now open in some form, we will no longer be actively updating this post. Please use the links below to check current hours for the businesses listed or contact other businesses directly for information. Businesses are welcome to add updates to the comments below or email us at email@example.com and we’ll include a notice on our COVID-19 page for a few days.
Wondering which local businesses have open storefronts, or are offering goods and services online? Want to continue to support small businesses to help them out in this time of uncertainty? See below for a list of open businesses, along with details on local grocery stores and pharmacies.
This is not a comprehensive list and we will continue to add others as we become aware of them or update listings as needed. Where possible we have noted hours and details, but please confirm before you visit.
If you’re aware of others not mentioned here, or changes to what’s listed, please comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For ongoing updates about the virus in the Huntsville area, check here regularly: How COVID-19 is impacting the Huntsville area: cases, cancellations, news, and commentary.
Click the links below to jump to specific categories:
Groceries and pharmacies
Construction and hardware
Employment and business services
Restaurants, cafés and fast food
Yoga and meditation
Other goods and services
How you can support businesses
How you can support workers
A thank you to our sponsors
Groceries and pharmacies:
- Big Daddy’s Fresh Meats is open. Call 705-788-0956, email email@example.com or send a Facebook message. Knock on their window and they will deliver to your vehicle.
- Bullock’s Independent is open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and effective March 18 began opening an hour early, from 7-8 a.m., for seniors and those with compromised immune systems. For the timebeing, they will not be accepting reusable bags and will not charge for plastic bags. The pharmacy is open.
- Dwight Market Pharmacy – Market is open Monday-Saturday 9-6 and Sunday 10-4. Pharmacy is open Monday-Saturday 9-5 and closed Sundays. Grocery orders can be emailed in advance for pick-up to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a contact phone number so they can arrange payment.
- Farmer’s Daughter Market is open Thursday-Monday 9-3 and has ready-made meals, bakery items and grocery supplies. Visit the store, call (705) 789-5700 or email email@example.com (accepting requests for private in-store shopping visits).
- FreshCo is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Huntsville Hot Meals on Wheels program will be resuming delivery of hot meals five days per week beginning Monday, April 27. The delivery process will be slightly changed from normal procedures due to the COVID-19 restrictions, but the usual nutritious hot meal will continue to be available at the same low cost to the recipient. If you or someone you know would like to receive meals or get more details, please contact Lois at 705-789-5681 or John at 705-788-3888.
- Huntsville’s Hometown IDA Pharmacy is open Mon to Fri 9-6, Sat 9-5, Sun 12-3.
- Huntsville Place Mall Pharmacy is open.
- Kawartha Dairy drive-thru and walk-up window are open Monday-Saturday 10-6, Sunday 11-7. Payment via debit or credit card is requested so staff can avoid handling cash. Quantity limits are in place for milk and egg products. No ice cream scooping is available, but containers of ice cream can be purchased.
- M&M Food Market is open Mon-Sat 9-7 and Sun 11-6. Also offering online shopping and curbside pick up.
- Metro is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, with an hour of early shopping every day from 7-8 a.m. for seniors and the immunocompromised.
- MHO Adventures is offering MRE (Meals Ready to Eat), with no delivery charge and no minimum order while COVID-19 measures are in effect.
- Muskoka Medical Centre Pharmacy is open Monday-Friday 8:30-6 and Saturday 9-5. They ask that you call ahead when getting prescriptions and they will deliver to you in the parking lot. If you need to enter the pharmacy there will be a line on the carpet two metres back from staff and they ask kindly that you don’t cross.
- Muskoka North Good Food Co-op is open Mon-Fri 9-4 and Saturday 10-4. Curb-side pick-up or, in special circumstances, delivery is available. Subscribe to the grocery order form at www.muskokanorthfood.com. Call 705-789-0020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions and place orders.
- Muskoka Seniors Frozen Meals on Wheels service is available starting April 6. There will be a staff member in their office on Mondays and Tuesdays only to support this program. Call the office at 705-789-6676 to register or for more details.
- The Oxtongue Baker at Dwight Market is offering all-butter croissants and a selection of French pastries along with hearth-baked sourdough and French breads at Dwight Market, each item safely and individually packaged. Available from 10:30 AM, Thursdays through Saturdays. Pain au chocolat, pain aux raisins (“cinnamon bun”), smoked ham savoury, sourdough rye, pain de campagne and more. Orders can be emailed in advance for pick-up to email@example.com
. Include a contact phone number so payment can be arranged.
- Pharmsave Huntsville – call (705) 789-7300 and ask for Customer Service and they will take your order over the phone and pack up what you need. You can pay by credit card over the phone. They can then arrange a time for you to pick up your order in the parking lot. Allow 48 hours for prescriptions. No lottery service available. Monday-Friday 9-5:30, Saturday 9:30-3:30, Sunday 11-2.
- Shoppers Drug Mart is open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. The first hour of shopping is reserved for seniors and immunocompromised people.
- Sugarbush Hill Maple Farm is open daily 10-4 for “Porch Pick Up” only. Please call ahead at 705-787-9787 to place a maple syrup or maple product order. Orders can be paid by e-tranfer or credit card and the order is left outside on the porch. Freshly made maple syrups are available in both Amber and Dark.
- The Great Vine is open Monday-Saturday 9-3 for in-store shopping (limit five customers), curbside pickup and delivery. 705-789-3737
- Webster’s Beacon (Dwight) is open daily from 9-1. Curbside pick up available.
- Armstrong Dodge: Sales Department is open Monday to Friday, 9 am-6 pm, and Saturday, 9 am-3 pm. Service Department is open Monday to Friday, 8 am-5 pm.
- Autosave Collision is open Monday to Friday 8-5. Accepting tow-ins. Emergency number always available 705-787-0680.
- Bickley Ford is open.
- Canadian Tire gas bar is open.
- Canadian Tire Huntsville auto service centre remains open.
- Capstones Market and Petro-Canada gas bar locations are open regular hours.
- Clarke’s Auto is open Monday-Friday, 8-5
- Courtesy Auto is open by appointment Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 8-5. 705-787-1034
- Drive Credit Canada: Open Monday to Friday, 9 am-6 pm, and Saturday, 9 am-3 pm.
- Fountain Tire is open Monday-Friday 8-5 and Saturday 8-12. Free same-day pick-up and drop-off available on most services.
- Huntsville Honda: Sales Department is open Monday to Friday, 9 am-6 pm, and Saturday, 9 am-3 pm. Service Department is open Monday to Friday, 8 am-5 pm.
- Hyundai of Muskoka: Sales Department is open Monday to Friday, 9 am-6 pm, and Saturday, 9 am-3 pm. Service Department is open Monday to Friday, 8 am-5 pm.
- Midas is open March 20 8-5, and beginning March 23, Monday-Friday from 9-4.
- The Garage is open Monday-Friday for full mechanical services. The showroom is closed but orders can be made by phone for shipment to you—many of their suppliers are still open and shipping to Canada.
- Most are operating with reduced hours and some may close branches temporarily. Banking online and via ATMs is still available. In Huntsville, BMO is open Mon-Fri 10-3; CIBC is open Mon-Fri from 10-4; Kawartha Credit Union is open Mon-Sat from 10-3; Scotiabank is open Mon-Fri 9:30-3 and Saturday from 10-3; TD Canada Trust is open Mon-Sat from 11-4.
Algonquin Outfitters Huntsville bike service department is available Monday to Saturday for bike service and repair (705-787-0262).
The Bike Shop is open Monday-Friday 10-6 and Saturday 10-4.
- Muskoka Bicycle Pro Shop is open Monday-Friday 10-5 and Saturday 10-4.
Construction and hardware:
- Average Jill Painting is open.
- Canadian Tire Huntsville is open 8:30am until 8:00pm Mon-Fri.
- Dean’s Home Hardware (Port Sydney) is open Monday-Saturday 8-6 and Sunday 10-3.
- Dwight Lumber and Building Supplies is open but encourages curbside pickup – call 705-635-1936 to place your order. Open Monday-Saturday 7:30-5 and closed on Sundays.
- FC Hammond Well Drilling is booking for the 2020 well drilling season. Call 705-789-4361.
- Flooring and Tile Solutions Muskoka – showroom is closed, but staff are available Monday-Friday 9-3 by phone or online. All pick-ups appointment only.
- The Fireplace King showroom is closed to the public but their sales team is available at 705-789-8067 or firstname.lastname@example.org Monday-Friday 8:30-5:30.
- The Fourth Pig Green & Natural Construction: Jobsites have re-opened with new safety protocols in place. Offices are closed to the public, and meetings are held by phone or video conference where possible. Please contact them by phone or email for your green and natural new home or renovations.
Fowler Construction’s Whites Quarry will open effective Tuesday, May 19 from 7-5 on weekdays (excluding holidays). Granite, limestone, sand and landscape products are available either by pickup or local delivery.
- Greystone Construction – office and design centre showroom will be closed to the public until further notice. The company remains open for business and is available to communicate with clients and trades by phone or online.
- Home Depot is open Monday-Saturday 7-8 and Sunday 8-6.
- Huntsville Home Hardware is open Monday-Saturday from 8-5 and Sunday from 10-3. Continuing to offer curbside pickup and delivery. Call or email and they will shop for you. 705-789-5549 or email@example.com. Online shopping available at homehardware.ca.
- NyDock Floating Docks and Pontoons – Factory is closed to customers and staff but staff are available by phone and email for orders from their existing inventory as well as to answer questions. 705-789-9411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refined Kitchen and Bath showroom is closed but they are available by appointment and still accessible by email or by phone.
- Rolston Home Building Centre open Monday-Friday 8-3.
- Tasso Lake Heating Solutions is open for emergency service. Sales staff is available as well. Call 705-224-4142 any time or email email@example.com.
- Your Local HVAC Team is providing services.
- Based on a recommendation from the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, most offices are offering only emergency services. Check with your dentist’s office for details.
Employment and business services:
- Downtown Huntsville BIA
- Huntsville Lake of Bays Chamber of Commerce: office is closed but they continue to offer virtual services to their members. A list of resources and COVID-19 updates is available on their website.
- YMCA Employment and Learning Services are continuing to offer assistance online, by phone and email. You can continue to get help with your job search, get answers to questions about Employment Insurance, and view job postings on YMCA windows from supporting employers. Watch for updates on their Facebook page. This Employment Ontario Program is funded in part by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada.
- Both Billingsley Funeral Home and Mitchell Funeral Home continue to provide service to the community with COVID-19 procedures in place.
- Lake of Bays Garden Centre is open Monday-Saturday 9-5 Sunday 10-4. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 705-635-1696 or text 705-787-6877 for advance ordering.
- Sandhill Nursery is offering curbside pick-up and delivery. Order online or call 705-789-5319.
- Gus and Gigi’s Pet Shoppe has moved to a temporary location at 131 Parkway Plaza (on Hwy 60 across from Farmer’s Daughter). Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10- 5:30, Saturday 9-2. Order via email (email@example.com) or call 519-616-3648. Curbside pickup.
- Pet Valu Huntsville is open Monday-Wednesday 9-6, Thursday-Friday 9-7, Saturday 9-6 and Sunday 10-5. A limited number of customers are allowed into the store at any one time. Online shopping and curb side pick-up are still available. Order online at petvalu-huntsville.com, by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 705-789-0031 for curbside pick-up.
- Aben Team Muskoka Real Estate – effective March 18, they have implemented COVID-19 precautions for buyers and sellers. See them here.
- Chestnut Park Real Estate – The office on Main Street is closed to the public however agents are available via email and phone for real estate needs.
- Coldwell Banker Thompson Real Estate – office is closed to the public, but will be available via email and phone.
- Devonleigh Homes – model homes and decor centre are temporarily closed to the public. Appointments available upon request only. Phone and email support available.
- Edgewood Homes – Highcrest bungalow townhomes coming soon.
- The Richardson Team, Royal LePage Lakes of Muskoka – assisting real estate buyers and sellers in Lake of Bays and North Muskoka in the purchase and sale of properties. Also available to consult regarding the current real estate market and market outlook.
- Rick Wearing and Sandra Parrott, Royal LePage Lakes of Muskoka Realty – are available virtually to provide support for buyers and sellers.
- Susan Brown, Chestnut Park – available virtually to provide support for buyers and sellers.
- Sutton Group Muskoka Realty: agents are available by phone and email for essential real estate needs.
Restaurants, cafés and fast food:
- 3 Guys and a Stove has opened the “On Focaccia” food truck directly beside their Huntsville restaurant. On Focaccia has a brand new menu featuring breakfast from 8-11:30am and an all-day menu 11:30am-9pm. The restaurant also has a special BBQ menu for curbside pickup.
- Affogato Café + Gelato is open for walk-in takeout Monday-Thursday 10-4 and Friday-Sunday 10-5. Hours will increase as summer approaches. Follow their Facebook and Instagram pages for details or email email@example.com.
- Algonquin Café and Deli is open for takeout
- Belly Ice Cream will be offering curbside pick-up starting April 9 on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays from 12-4. Check their Facebook page for the flavours available that day and text or email your order to 705-571-5258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boston Pizza is offering takeout and delivery from 4-8 p.m. Alcohol also available with some conditions.
- Canvas Brewing Co.‘s taphouse and event space are closed. Retail store remains open Tues-Sat from 12-5. Debit and credit only.
- Cast Iron Restaurant (Baysville) will be open starting May 7 with a limited menu for porch pickup. Thursday-Saturday, 5-7:30 p.m. Payment over the phone by Visa or Mastercard, or e-transfer. Hours may change – check their Facebook and Instagram pages for the most up-to-date information.
- Chuck’s Roadhouse is offering both curbside pick-up and free delivery. Call 705-789-7100 to place an order. Open Sunday to Thursday 4-8 and Friday and Saturday 12-8.
- East Side Mario’s is open 12 to 8 Wed to Sun for curbside pickup. They have an app you can download and online ordering. Curbside pick-up will be outlined at store front.
- Erika’s Bakery (Dwight) is open Monday-Friday from 6-3. Takeout only, delivery to their porch, or delivery available.
- Family Place Restaurant and Pizza is open Tuesday to Saturday, 11-7 for both takeout and delivery. Canvas beer also available.
- Granny Lyn’s Kitchen is open for orders Monday-Friday from 10-5 and Saturday 10-4, both via phone and online. Gluten-free baked goods available. Free delivery within the Huntsville area, or pick-up at the front door.
- Henrietta’s Pine Bakery has opened their Huntsville location for take-out orders with a limited menu Wednesday to Friday from 11-2.
- Huntsville Brewhouse is open Monday-Sunday 11-7.
- Kelsey’s is now open for takeout Wednesday-Sunday 3-8 p.m. with curbside pick-up. Order through the Kelsey’s app or Kelseys.ca, or call 705-788-3216.
- Little Caesar’s remains open for takeout with new hours: Saturday-Thursday from 11-8 and Friday from 11-9.
- Main St. Local: Open for takeout Thursday-Saturday 11-7
- Marigold Unique Flavour is open for take-out Monday-Sunday 12-8
- The Moose Cafe (Dwight) will be open starting May 1 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9-2 pm for takeout orders. Call in your order for pickup – 705-635-9639.
- Moose Delaney’s Sports Grill is open Wenesday to Saturday from 4-7 p.m. for takeout from a limited menu. Order and pay by phone, pick up on the patio. Check their Facebook page for available options.
- Mottbora Sushi is open for takeout. Tuesday to Saturday 11-9, Sunday 11:30-3:30.
- Muskoka on the Rocks is open for takeout Thursday and Friday 4-7:30, Saturday and Sunday 11-7:30. Prime rib Saturday.
- Pita Pit is open for takeout and delivery.
- Pizza Nova is open for takeout and delivery.
- Seng’s Authentic Thai Cuisine is open for takeout and delivery, Monday-Friday 11-10, Saturday 12-11 and Sunday 12-10.
- Soul Sistas is open from 10-2 for takeout only.
- Subway is open for takeout only Monday-Friday 9-9, Saturday 10-9, Sunday 11-8.
- Swiss Chalet and Harvey’s are open from 11:30-7, drive thru, delivery and pick up.
- Tall Trees Muskoka Restaurant is offering the opportunity to pre-purchase a three course dinner for two for $32.95 plus tax, per person, with several menu options to choose from. Purchase between April 4 and May 31 and use from their re-open date until October 1 (dates may change). Call the office at 705-789-9769 with payment information and they will store your dinner coupon for you until you choose to join them. Gift certificates are also available.
- That Little Place By The Lights is open for takeout with curbside pickup. Wednesday-Saturday 12-7. Call 705-789-2536 to place your order. See their or Facebook page for the current menu.
- The Banger food truck in Emsdale is open for take out. Located at the information center (1695 Emsdale Rd). Open Saturday and Sunday 12-6. Must follow social distancing. Taking orders by phone or text 705-783-2287.
- Tim Hortons locations are open regular hours, drive-thru and takeout only
- Westside Fish and Chips is open for takeout only from 12-7.
- Whimsical Bakery is open Wednesday-Saturday 10-4
- Wimpy’s Diner is open for takeout and delivery seven days a week. Call or walk-in to order takeout from 11-7. Delivery available between 4-7 p.m. The parking lot fronting Chaffey Street is open during King William Street construction.
- Windmill Bakery and Pastry Shop is open regular hours, and is also taking orders.
- Algonquin Outfitters:
- Algonquin Outfitters Huntsville is now open Mon – Sat 10am to 4pm, closed Sunday – curbside pickup and online ordering still available.
- Opening soon: Algonquin Outfitters Oxtongue Lake store.
- Watch for curbside day rentals in Huntsville and Oxtongue Lake soon as well.
- Other stores:
Bracebridge (705-645-9262) is available by appointment
Port Carling (705-765-0202) is available by limited appointment
Haliburton and Minden (705-457-3737) is available by appointment
- The Huntsville Bike service department is also available Monday to Saturday for bike service and repair (705-787-0262)
- For more information on rental and outfitting services for future trips to Algonquin Park, contact the Oxtongue Lake location at email@example.com or 1-800-469-4948 (1-705-635-2243).
- Big Bear is open daily from 11-5 for in store shopping. Curbside pick-up and over-the-phone shipping orders are available.
- Castle Antiques is open Tuesday-Saturday 10-2pm, or 2-3pm appointments available Wednesday-Friday.
Call for information or engraving inquiries 705-789-9255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Christmas Tyme and Two Horse Gallery is open Monday-Wednesday by appointment, Thursday-Friday 10-4.
- Cottage Country Flowers is accepting orders by phone and online. Offering no-contact delivery. Hours have been adjusted to Mon-Fri 10-4 & Sat 10-3.
- Decorated on Main is open daily from 11-4, or call ahead for curb-side pickup 705-787-9322.
- The Friendly Fox is open Monday-Saturday, 10-6
- Huntsville Place Mall: several stores have reopened, including Becker Shoes, Coles, The Source, and Winners. Please check individual store websites or Facebook pages for information, or contact them directly.
- Jane Marshall Flowers is offering contactless delivery and curbside pickup, Monday-Friday. Orders can be placed by email to email@example.com, or online at janemarshallflowers.ca.
- Kelly’s Home Furniture – online ordering is available.
- Knitting Three Together is currently doing curbside pickup at 131 Hwy 60 Unit 8 either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 705-788-9276.
- Leon’s Furniture showrooms are open to the public – proper social distancing is in place.
- Minds Alive is open Monday-Saturday 11-3. Curbside pick-up for phone or online orders.
- Miss Lester’s is open Monday-Saturday, 12-2. Curbside pick-up.
- Muskoka Jewellery Design is open Wednesday-Saturday, 10-4.
- North Art Supplies is open Tuesday-Saturday, 9-4.
The Nutty Chocolatier – is now open seven days per week. Hours vary but will increase as the season picks up. Call the store for hours 705-788-0986.
One Stop General Store is open Monday-Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 9-3 for lotto, tobacco products, and grocery items.
- Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery is open Saturday and Sunday from 11-4. Curbside pickup also available.
- Reflections of Muskoka is offering shopping appointments and curbside pick-up.
- Soapstones Natural Skincare is now open to the public Monday-Friday from 10-4. Curbside services and online ordering are also available.
- Staples Huntsville is open for curbside pickup seven days a week between 12-5 p.m. Orders must be placed online at staples.ca or staplescopyandprint.ca. Customers must choose the “Buy Online, Pickup In Store” option as the store is unable to take payment in store.
- Sustain Eco Store is open Monday – Friday 10 – 5 and Saturday 10-4. Curbside pickup also available.
- The Brick Huntsville is open Monday-Saturday, 10-6 and Sunday 10-4.
- The Potter’s Studio & Gallery is open for online orders with non-contact curbside pick up only. Hours are Monday to Friday, 9 to 5. 16 Brunel Rd.
- The Record Shoppe is open Tuesday-Saturday, 11-3. Walk-ins, private shopping, delivery, and curbside pick-up available.
- The Topiary is open Sunday-Monday 12-4 and Thursday-Saturday 10-5
- Up North Games is open daily from 10-6.
- Urban Rustic Living is open Thursday-Friday 10-6 and Saturday 10-4
- Wavemaker Pool and Spa is offering curbside pick-up.
- The Wooden Penny is open Monday-Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 12-5.
- Al’s Taxi 705-789-2374
- Independent Taxi 705-789-8294
- Royal Canadian Legion: Although branches and the command office are closed to the public, during these trying times we must not lose sight of our obligation to our Veterans and their families. Staff at Ontario Command, Provincial Service Officers and local Legion Branches continue to work from home and are available to assist. The local email address is being monitored daily and they are available to assist where possible. Please email email@example.com and they will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Huntsville Animal Hospital has adjusted its hours (call ahead to see if they are open) and will be closed on Saturdays until further notice. Doors are locked. Non-essential services are being limited or delayed. Allow 1-2 weeks notice for food and medications as our supply chains have been interrupted by mass-purchasing.
- Muskoka Animal Hospital is operating “closed door” for urgent or sick pet cases only. Pet owners are asked to stay in their vehicle and call 705.789.7979 on arrival. They will take a history from outside your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. They will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss the recommended treatment plan. Hours: Monday-Friday from 8-5, and on-call for clients outside of business hours. Allow 3-5 business days for medication or food orders. Payment by credit or debit only; no cash.
Yoga and meditation:
- Ahimsa Yoga Room – Allie Chisholm-Smith is providing a Facebook Live session daily at 10 a.m. on her Facebook page. A variety of classes by Allie and Wendy are also available online here.
- Karma Connection Yoga will be creating gentle Hatha Yoga vignettes for people to do at home. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order the link.
- Muskoka Hot Yoga is offering classes online via Zoom.
- SMILE-Sandy’s Mindful Interactive Life Experiences is continuing to offer mindfulness and meditation classes online. Visit SMILE Facebook page for details.
- Veda Yoga is posting video yoga classes to their Facebook until the end of March.
Other goods and services:
- Aben Graphics – is open Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00. Curbside service is available – please call 705-789-4404 once on-site. Cash sales are suspended, payments can be made by calling in credit card information or e-transfer for all COD pick ups.
- Brendish Computers is open Monday to Friday, 9-5:30 for personal computer or service. No iPad or iPhone service at this time.
- Brokerlink is not accepting walk-ins but remain available by phone or email.
- Brooke’s Doll Attic sews and sells face masks using quality cottons and Batiks (three fabric layers/nose-pinch/ear elastic). Sizes for men, women, teens and children. View the selection on her Facebook page.
- The Carpet Cleaner is now open. Call to book an appointment, and make any special arrangements. 705-789-7115
- Carrie Campbell, lawyer and mediator – office is open but please call ahead.
- Computer Tech CD has re-opened to the public and ask that customers wear a mask to visit the shop to protect others. If you do not have a mask, please knock on the door, step clear and someone will be out to assist you. On-site service is now available. Open Monday-Friday 9-6, and Saturday 10-4.
- Deerhurst Resort will open for hotel stays starting June 12.
- Dreams Becoming Reality Marketing continues to provide services from their home office as usual.
- Find Your Wild Muskoka is getting ready to reopen to the public. The outdoor adventure company will begin offering axe throwing adventures June 13 and will be reopening their SUP paddling adventures on June 18. They will only be accepting groups of four (plus a guide) unless you have a larger family living under one roof. No equipment will be shared and physical distancing will be built in. For more information follow them on Facebook, call them at (705) 380-4479 or send an email to email@example.com.
- HM Day Spa Muskoka products and gift certificates available online.
- The Hub in Huntsville will reopen June 15, and have implemented safety protocols to ensure their clients can co-work safely.
- Huntsville’s Copy Shop is open with safety measures in place. There is a limit of one person in the store at a time and customers are encouraged to email or drop off requested printing for a later pick up.
- More Than Just Art is offering virtual classes at a reduced rate.
- Muskoka Hearing Aids is open for curbside pick-up for batteries Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30. In-house repairs by appointment only.
- Muskoka Honey Bee Products – order honey by phone, email, or on new e-commerce website launching soon! Payment by e-Transfer, Visa/Mastercard or exact cash in pay box for curbside pick up.
- Noveltymann is open Monday-Friday from 9-5 and also have curbside pick-up available. They have suppliers of safety masks and safety clothing. firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-787-0148
- Partnering Horse with Humans – Call 705-380-2680, by appointment only. Offering services to help people cope with the anxiety of COVID-19 with the wisdom of a horse as well as our regular services.
- Portage Promo can help with companies’ PPE needs. Re-usable and disposable face coverings, headgear, personalized company hand sanitizer, etc. email@example.com.
- ProActive Rehab is offering its physiotherapy services virtually and online via a private and secure platform. Call or visit their website for more information and to book appointments.
- Reactivate Muskoka is offering virtual physiotherapy appointments. Visit their website for details.
- Surge Physiotherapy is offering virtual appointments. Call or email for details and to schedule an appointment.
- Warren Broad Counselling and Hypnosis is offering virtual and phone counselling services.
Also check the Facebook group Huntsville and Muskoka Area – What’s Open!
How you can support businesses that have closed their doors temporarily
If it’s within your means, consider purchasing a gift certificate or voucher for later use. This helps businesses maintain cash flow at what is already a quiet time of year.
Look to see if a local business has options other than in-person shopping. Some have online stores with shipping or pick-up options.
Some businesses are finding creative ways to deliver services online, via video, or by phone and email. If you’re not sure, ask.
Ask your favourite local businesses what else you can do to help.
Whether or not you’re able to purchase goods and services, kind words go a long way toward lifting spirits. They’re free and they’re easy to share.
How you can support workers who are unable to work due to business closures and restrictions, or due to illness
Support Huntsville’s food banks at Salvation Army Huntsville and The Table Soup Kitchen Foundation. They are likely to see an increase in demand as workers see their incomes drop or disappear.
Don’t hoard food or other supplies. When you shop, take only what you will need for the short-term. Those on limited incomes and those who suddenly find themselves out of work may not have the luxury of stocking up and rely on food and other supplies being on the shelves when they can shop.
Check in on your neighbours and friends. Share what you have if it’s within your means to do so.
Remind them of the Government of Canada’s recently announced support measures.
And a thank you
We at Huntsville Doppler thank all of you, our dedicated readers, for your comments, your shares, and your suggestions as we work to cover how the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic affects our community.
We also extend heartfelt thanks to all of our advertisers, without whose continued support we couldn’t do what we do to serve the Huntsville community. Some are still operating somewhat as usual, while others have temporarily closed their doors and/or are providing their services from home. We share them all below.
- Aben Graphics
- Aben Team Muskoka Real Estate
- Algonquin Café and Deli
- Algonquin Outfitters
- Armstrong Dodge
- Barriston Law
- Billingsley Funeral Home
- Bullock’s Independent
- Coldwell Banker Thompson Real Estate Brokerage
- Computer Tech
- Dairy Lane Dental
- Deerhurst Resort
- Devonleigh Homes
- Downtown Huntsville BIA
- Dreams Becoming Reality
- Drive Credit Canada
- Edgewood Muskoka
- Family Place Restaurant & Pizza
- Flooring and Tile Solutions Muskoka
- Greystone Project Management
- Hammond Well Drilling
- Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area
- Huntsville Curling Club
- Huntsville Home Hardware
- The Hunt House Fine Jewellery
- Huntsville Festival of the Arts
- Huntsville Hospital Foundation
- Huntsville Soccer Club
- Hutcheson, Reynolds and Caswell Insurance Brokers
- Kelly’s Home Furniture
- Kevin Knox, realtor, Coldwell Banker Thompson
- Kim O’Grady, broker, Chestnut Park Real Estate
- M&M Food Market
- Main Street Dental Centre
- Mitchell Funeral Home
- Muskoka Hearing Aids
- Muskoka Jewellery Design
- Muskoka Kitchen & Bath
- Muskoka Medical Centre Pharmacy
- Muskoka Seniors
- North Granite Ridge Golf Club
- North Muskoka Foot Clinic
- NyDock Floating Docks and Pontoons
- PharmaSave Huntsville
- Picture Yourself Well
- ProActive Rehab
- Elizabeth O’Connor, RBC Wealth Management
- Reactivate Muskoka
- The Rick Wearing & Sandra Parrott Team, Royal LePage Lakes of Muskoka Realty
- Rolston Home Building Centre
- Scott Conner – BDO
- Signature Memorials
- Splat Pest Solutions
- Sugarbush Hill Maple Farm
- Surge Physiotherapy
- Susan Brown, broker, Chestnut Park Real Estate
- Taylor Carpet One
- That Little Place By The Lights
- The Brick Huntsville
- Town of Huntsville
- Withey Insurance Brokers and Financial Services
- YMCA Employment and Learning Services
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!