This calendar is reserved for non-commercial community events. What does that mean? Your event must be free or of nominal cost, available to anyone (although adult-only events are fine), and not for profit (but we do make exception for artists showing their work who would profit from any sales made and musicians hosting small-scale concerts). Not sure if your event fits? Drop us a line at [email protected] to check, or go ahead and submit anyhow – submissions are moderated and we’ll approve yours if it fits our criteria. Thanks for helping make Huntsville a vibrant community!
- This event has passed.
10 Good Reasons to join the Huntsville Community Choir
September 12, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Fellowship, fun, laughter, socials; sharing a love of music with like-minded people
- Our accomplished and every jovial choral director, Louis Tusz. Louis talks about the mechanics of making great sounds, enabling the choir to improve our vocal range and skill as well as technical aspects of “perfecting” our choral sound.
- Great music. Louis has had a rich background of directing many and various vocal groups as well as bands. He has a depth of knowledge that enables him to make outstanding and pleasing musical selections.
- Our totally talented accompanist there for every practice.
- We often sing a dozen or more pieces, but NO memorizing is required.
- We have concerts; two to three per year consisting of Christmas, Early Spring and late Spring. We also do fun charitable concerts for lacal seniors and Community events such as the Santa Claus parade.
- Practices are once a week at Huntsville High School, Tuesday evenings 7-9pm.
- Choir dues are only $125 per year for adults and $25 per year for full time students. (Accommodations can be made for those with financial hardships)
- The Huntsville Community Choir is a non-profit organization. We support the arts community of Huntsville and area. We also provide scholarships annually for talented young musicians.
- And finally … singing lowers stress levels, releases stored muscle tension and decreases the levels of stress hormone cortisol in your blood stream. Singing improves mental alertness. (this could account for the number of witty puns at practices)
Come and try us out! We’ll see you Tuesday September 12 in the Music Room at Huntsville High School, 7pm.